The Iconic Africa Team had the pleasure of attending #ETAS15 held at the Cape Town Convention Centre last week.
Now in its eighth year, the E-Tourism Africa Summit (eTAS) examines the many intersections between the travel industry and modern technology, and how best to use online and digital tools to market your business.
We have listed six inspiring bite-sized snippets for those who couldn’t be there. Those with a love for Africa, a love for travel, and a love for online:
- “Africa is on the rise. It is creating the future and surviving the change.” @MusaKalenga, Facebook.
- “The countries that are most interested in South African travel on Tripadvisor are the UK, USA, Germany, Australia, Holland, China, Canada, Italy.” @JustinReid, Tripadvisor
- “63% of travel is researched booked and bought online.” @DamianCook E- Tourism Frontiers
- “Africa is a mobile first continent.” @MusaKalenga, Facebook
- “88% of destinations consider gastronomy as a strategic element. Cape Town is now considered one of the top foodie destinations in the world.” Justin Reid, Tripadvisor.
For more information on the conference as a whole click here.