- 2 lemons
- 2 limes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped garlic
- 5 birds eye chillis (de-seeded and chopped)
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 level tsp salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 400g fresh prawns, shelled and de-veined
- 400g fresh squid/calamari, cleaned
- 100g chorizo sausage, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, halved
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, roughly cut into cubes (optional)
- Small handful each of chopped fresh parsley, basil and mint
- 1 Tbsp each of lemon juice and red wine vinegar and olive oil, to dress
What to do:
1. Halve the lemons and limes and place cut side down on a pre-heated griddle pan over medium-high heat, cook for 4-5 minutes or until blistered and starting to blacken and caramelise.
2. Meanwhile, add the reamining peri peri ingredients to your food processor, then squeeze in the lemon and lime juice. Blitz well and check for seasoning.
3. Add 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp butter to a large pan over high heat. When the butter starts to foam add the prawns, calamari and chorizo and cook until golden, 4-5 minutes. Add in half the peri peri sauce and stir through. Remove and set aside.
4. Mix all of the ingredients together on a large serving platter and serve immediately with a drizzle of lemon juice and olive oil and extra lemon or lime wedges and extra peri peri sauce on the side.
For more delicious recipes from the talented Sarah Graham, check out her website here.