“This refreshing and full-of-goodness Baobab Ginger Beer is perfect for our Summer weather, and the perfect companion for long game drives in the bush (or just sipping quietly in the holiday sunshine wherever you are.” Sarah Graham
Cooks in: Serves:4
- 100g fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp baobab powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (or sticky brown sugar)
- 2 large lemons, juice of both and zest of 1 (if you like)
- 1 cup just-boiled water
- 750ml Valpré Sparkling water
- Fresh mint and lemon slices and lots of ice, to serve
What to do
1. Blitz the fresh ginger and baobab powder in a handheld blender or food processor.
2. Mix all of the ingredients except the water together in a small pot, add in 1 cup of water and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved. Leave to cool and steep for a further 5-10 minutes.
3. Strain the mixture to a glass jug or wide-necked bottle, top with sparkling water, adjust to taste and refrigerate until needed, or serve immediately over ice with fresh mint and lemon wedges.
Photo from ‘Sarah Graham’s Food Safari Season 2’ by Ricardo de Leça.
For more of Sarah’s delicious recipes visit her site here.