“I hope you have an experience that alters the course of your life because, after Africa, nothing has ever been the same” – Suzanne Evans.
Africa receives millions of travellers each year – most of whom come to visit the variety of beaches, mountainside escapes and safari lodges and camps. Experience everything from cultural immersion, history and enjoy a variety of wildlife at your fingertips. Let us share with you – why we have come to love the continent as much as we do.
Africa has a special safari destination for every occasion, family size and travel needs. The continent is selected for the exceptional Big Five game viewing, year-round good weather, spectacular birding opportunities, family-friendly and malaria-free safari accommodations, romantic retreats, award-winning chefs, breath-taking sunsets, and unprecedented sceneries. Find luxury, opulence and extravagance in the great outdoors.
Africa’s expanse and extremely diverse terrains, climate and wildlife can make deciding on a country a tedious task. You may want a view of Mount Kilimanjaro from your lodge or to climb the famous Table Mountain. The continent has been blessed with so many cultures, community projects and great service that contribute to truly wholesome travel – from the Maasai people in Kenya and Tanzania to the San and Shona in the Kalahari and Zimbabwe. Experience modernity and rustic authenticity simultaneously in Africa’s pristine wilderness whilst returning to your luxury suites each night. Whether it is in the Kruger National Park, South Luangwa National Park or the Serengeti – you will stay mesmerised.
You can experience the best of everything, from nature’s wonders; getting up close and personal with some of Africa’s fiercest game accompanied by world-class guides; adventure activities; photography opportunities; artwork and museums and shopping!
We have put together a list of African safari destinations with the highlights from each to help you with your complex travel choices:
- Explore the beautiful Winelands of the Western Cape where you will find luxurious chateaux, local wines and exceptional views.
- Enjoy the beaches, mountains and city-life of Cape Town. The Mother City boasts beautiful architecture with a thriving night-life and an abundance of activities.
- Escape to the quiet of the Kruger National Park and enjoy some quality time with the Big Five.
- Visit the rugged terrains of the Kalahari
- An untouched wilderness with incredible wildlife sightings.
- Cruise along the Chobe River and come face-to-face with the largest concentration of elephant and other predators.
- Diverse landscape from the Kalahari to the Okavango Delta.
- Selinda Game Reserve is an opportunity to awaken all your senses with the sceneries and wildlife.
- Spend some time in the Kalahari where time stands still
- The place where safari originated.
- An abundance of wildlife.
- Visit the Masai Mara and experience a Maasai village.
- Experience the Great Wildebeest Migration.
- Explore the unfathomable magic of the Serengeti and the Ngorongoro Crater
- Bordering Kenya, Tanzania has a plethora of wildlife
- The Serengeti is one of the world’s most famous wilderness areas.
- Wonder off the beaten track to a more quiet safari location such as Tarangire National Park
- A high density of wildlife throughout the year
- Choose between a variety of locations from forests to savannahs, beaches or volcanic areas such as Ngorongoro Crater. Even the weather can alter drastically, from snow-capped peaks to lush tropical mountainsides.
- Birthplace of the walking safari.
- Experience the thrill and views of sitting in Devil’s Pools
- An alternate and exceptional view of Victoria Falls
- Great fauna and flora in 20 national parks, our favourites being Liuwa Plain, Lower Zambezi and South Luangwa for its dense leopard population.
- The beautiful forests are magical and encompass a fairytale setting for outstanding wildlife with exceptional surrounding accommodations. It is the ultimate jungle escape – see Silverback Gorillas and trek through the dense mountainside.
- Rwanda is home to numerous monkey species.
- Explore the hilly landscapes and see volcanoes for the first time.
- The most tranquil setting for luxury and adventure.
- Explore the Zambezi River by boat cruise and watch a masterpiece sunset.
- Stand before the most breath-taking Natural Wonder – Mose-oa-Tunya – The Smoke That Thunders
- Thrill-seeking activities such as white river rafting, bungee jumping and many more.
- The perfect beach escape for couples and families.
- Luxury hideaways that exude romance
- Pristine beaches with silky white sand
- Enjoy snorkelling, diving, fishing or simply relaxing with a book
- Find an amalgamation of flavours and cultures
- Find amazing marine life at Azura Benguerra and Azura Quilalea such as turtles, tropical fish, eels, dolphins and rays, maybe even a pod of Southern Right whales.